9.12.2007

We're Gonna Party Like It's 1993!

A few bloggers are posting the whole list of 100 songs from their high school graduation year, but I like Mitali’s idea of only posting the songs that still get air time. I was actually surprised at how many songs I still listen to. At first glance, I thought I loathed most of the songs (“Oh, hell, NO! I do not listen to ‘I’m Every Woman’ anymore!”*). But as I started looking at my iTunes music library, here’s what I found still getting rotation on my iPod:

That's the Way Love Goes - Janet Jackson
Whoomp (There It Is!) – Tag Team
Rhythm is a Dancer – Snap
River of Dreams – Billy Joel
I’m Gonna Be (500 Miles) – The Proclaimers
Two Princes – Spin Doctors
What’s Up – 4 Non Blondes
Cryin’ – Aerosmith
7 – Prince
Fields of Gold – Sting
Break It Down – Tears for Fears
Hey Jealousy – Gin Blossoms
Livin’ on the Edge – Aerosmith

Quite a few songs, dontchya think?

*I’ll be honest here – since I don’t have to see a lot of you face-to-face – I actually owned The Bodyguard soundtrack in high school. “I Will Always Love You” is the ultimate yelling-at-the-top-of-your-lungs song while driving the country backroads in your 1970-something Pontiac LeMans….not that I would know anything about that…I’m just sayin’…

No comments: