4.29.2008

Foodie Books for Kids

Still wondering why I would combine a blog about children’s literature with a blog about food? The sheer number of children’s books about food should convince you. I’m starting a series – albeit a sporadic one – where I list children’s books about food. And not generic books about eating, like My Little Sister Ate One Hare by Bill Grossman and illustrated by Kevin Hawkes; I’m going to include foodie books for kids. Without further ado, here’s my first list:

Chicks and Salsa by Aaron Reynolds, illustrated by Paulette Bogan

Crêpes by Suzette by Monica Wellington

Duck Soup by Jackie Urbanovic

Green Eggs and Ham by Dr. Seuss

How Do Dinosaurs Eat Their Food? by Jane Yolen, illustrated by Mark Teague

How Pizza Came to Queens by Dayal Kaur Khalsa (unfortunately for all Queens librarians, this book is now out-of-print)

Kids Cook 1-2-3 by Rozanne Gold, illustrated by Sara Pinto

The Latke Who Couldn’t Stop Screaming by Lemony Snicket, illustrated by Lisa Brown

Two Eggs, Please by Sarah Weeks, illustrated by Betsy Lewin


Eat, drink, and remember the wide variety of food writing!

No comments: