9.01.2008

KidLit Karaoke Night: you missed out, I did not

I need to send huge thanks to Fuse #8 for the excellent KidLit Karaoke Night this past Saturday. The Library Hotel (scene of the KidLit Drink Night last month) was classy and swanky, which is always a delight because I feel like I’m playing the role of academic sophisticate in places like that. Indeed, we talked about children’s books quite a bit that night.

The Karaoke KidLit Night, though? Well, that was just a crazy, laughter-filled, musical extravaganza. In fact, I’d put it in my ongoing list of Top 10 New York City Nights: nuns singing “Faith”, Betsy rocking “Shut Up and Drive” by Rihanna, and a guy with an "I Love Zack Morris"* shirt leading a sing-a-long to Meatloaf’s “I Would Do Anything For Love (But I Won’t Do That).” To top off the perfect night, I somehow managed to catch an F train going express back to Queens…at 2:00 a.m. People, you don’t understand how rare and beautiful thing that is.



If you weren’t there, you’re square.


Eat, drink, and be glad you dragged your arse out to Brooklyn.



* Awwww yeah, baby! Check this guy's t-shirt!



1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Had a great time for the short time in Brooklyn.
Nice to see you again. Manhattan looked like a blast!
Dang! Sorry i missed it. I'm on a short leash from my studio these days, so it was fun to make the Brooklyn rounds to see my friends and colleagues that night.
Hey, I'll check out your blog.