9.12.2008

OT: Sense and Sensibility by Laura Lutz

From my daily Shelf Awareness

This was quoted from Lori Andrews…an adult author…which doesn’t really have a place on this blog…but I just couldn’t resist. Here are her comments on the “book you’ve bought for the cover”:

In the Shakespeare aisle, I saw a book with a graphically beautiful cover. In large type it said, "Kenneth Branagh," and under that, Hamlet. In small type below the title, it said, "by William Shakespeare." I couldn't help but marvel at the audacity of Branagh giving himself top billing for the screenplay of Hamlet. I'm looking forward to publishing Lori Andrews's Crime and Punishment. ("Yeah, Fyodor and I were just tossing back vodkas one night and I came up with this great idea for a book about a destitute student and a miserly pawnbroker and, like, the book practically wrote itself.")



I don't know if this was the cover Andrews was talking about (it certainly isn't graphically beautiful); nevertheless, this makes me laugh. Can you imagine seeing "Chris Columbus" and then Harry Potter and the Sorceror's Stone...followed in small writing "by J.K. Rowling."

No comments: